If you have accidentally deleted your crucial data from USB flash drive then stop worrying right now. Yes, I am saying so because here you will know how to restore deleted data from USB flash drive. Try USB Flash Drive Data Recovery Tool to do so. Now read further in details…
To recover deleted data from USB flash drive, we recommend this tool:
This software will restore data from corrupted, formatted, encrypted storage media and works in all data loss situations. Now recover your lost and deleted data in 3 easy steps:
- Download this Data Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media from which you want to restore the media files & click Scan.
- Preview the recoverable files, select the items you want to recover and click Recover to save the files at desired location.
- How Do You Recover Deleted Files From A USB Flash Drive
- Other Alternatives To Recover Data From USB Flash Drive
- How To Fix Corrupted Flash Drive Without Formatting?
- Is It Possible To Recover Files From A Broken Flash Drive?
- How To Recover Deleted Media Files From Malfunctioned USB Flash Drive?
- How To Recover Data From USB Flash Drive After Formatting?
- How Do I Recover Files From Unrecognized USB Flash Drive?
- How To Reformat The USB Flash Drive?
How Do You Recover Deleted Files From A USB Flash Drive?
Well, as I have already mentioned that using USB Flash Drive Data Recovery Tool, you will be easily able to know how to recover data from USB pen drive. It is one of the best reliable and trusted recovery tools that ensures 100% recovery from USB flash drive.
This data recovery tool is very easy to use and it does not even require any technical knowledge to perform the steps to recover deleted data.
With the help of this tool, you will be able to:
- Recover not only data from USB flash drive but also from other external storage devices
- Recovers image, video and audio files formats of all types
- Supports USB flash drives such as thumb drives, pen drives or jump drives
- Available for both Windows as well as Mac systems
- 100% safe and secure to use
You can go through its step by step guide to perform USB Flash drive data recovery free using this best recovery tool.
Other Alternatives To Recover Data From USB Flash Drive
Apart from using USB Flash Drive Data Recovery, you can also try these best ways to know how to recover data from USB pen drive. To know what they are, go through the below solutions:
#1: Check Recycle Bin For Deleted Media Files
One of the easiest and the best place you should look for the deleted media files is the Recycle Bin folder. It is possible that your deleted media files might be there. If you recover from there, it will save your time over any other manual method. So, to recover deleted files from Recycle Bin folder, follow the below steps:
- You have to first open the Recycle Bin folder by simply double-clicking on it or by right-clicking and selecting the option ‘Open’.
- Next, you have to search the files or folders that you want to recover.
- After this, you have to right-click on the selections and then choose Restore.
Sometimes the files deleted from the USB flash drive may not make it to the Recycle Bin folder. Well, if this is the case then you can try the next solution.
#2: Restore The Previous Versions Of Files & Folders
It is possible that you might be able to recover deleted files or folders by simply restoring them from a previous version that resides on your PC. To try this solution, follow the below steps:
- First of all, open ‘File Explorer’.
- Next, you have to navigate to the file or folder you want to recover.
- After this, you have to right-click and then select Restore previous versions from the menu list.
- Next, you have to select the version you want to recover from the list displayed.
- Lastly, you have to simply click the Restore button to restore the file or folder.
#3: Recover USB Flash Drive Data Using ATTRIB Command
You can use attrib command when you find that your files have become hidden and so you are not at all able to view your saved data. Using this method, you will be able to unhide the files on your USB flash drive and recover data from there. To do so, you have to follow the steps:
- You have to first open the command prompt by pressing Win + R keys together and then type cmd there and hit Enter. Make sure that you move further with administrator privileges.
- Next, you have to type there ‘chkdsk X /f’ and then hit Enter Here, X can be changed as per the drive letter you use for your USB flash drive.
- Now, you have to type there ‘Y’ to confirm the command and then hit Enter
- After this, you have to type there ‘X’ and then hit Enter
- In the next step, you have to type in ‘X:\>attrib –h –r –s /s /d *.*’ and then hit Enter.
- You have to wait until the command executes and then you can recover files from there easily.
#4: Restore From Existing Backup
If you already kept the backup of the deleted or lost media files then you can try Windows Backup option to restore deleted files. To do so, try these steps:
- Firstly, connect the backup storage media with the Windows system using the USB cable.
- Next, you have press Win + I keys together and then go to Settings option and then go to ‘Update & Security’ and then go to ‘Backup’ option.
- After this, you have to simply click on ‘Go to Backup & Restore’ option in Windows 7 and then click on ‘Restore My Files’ option.
You will definitely recover deleted data from USB flash drive if you are lucky enough.
How To Fix Corrupted Flash Drive Without Formatting?
USB flash drive is a portable device that can get corrupted due to several reasons. Here, you can know how to fix corrupted USB flash drive without formatting:
#1: Use CMD Commands To Fix a Corrupted Flash Drive
When a USB flash drive gets corrupted or damaged, it refused to open all the time until it is fixed or resolved. However, if you don’t want to lose the crucial data at the time of formatting, the best way is to fix corrupted USB flash drive using CMD option. To know the steps, go through the below steps:
- First of all, you have to plugin the drive to the system.
- Now, type ‘CMD’ in the search bar and then press Enter key.
- Next, you have to type ‘chkdsk USB drive letter: /f’ or you can type ‘chkdsk /X /f USB drive letter’, and then replace the ‘USB drive letter’ with the drive letter of the corrupted USB flash drive.
- After this, if it prompts, it means that it has made the correction and so no further action is required.
#2: Change Drive Letter of The USB Flash Drive
Most of the time it happens that the drive letter cannot assign due to some unknown reasons. So, to fix this issue, it is a good option to manually assign again the drive letter. To do so, follow the steps:
- Firstly, you have to connect the USB flash drive to the system.
- Next, you have to locate the mouse icon on ‘My Computer/This PC’ and then right click it and simply select the manage option to open ‘Computer Management’.
- Now, you have to opt for ‘Disk Management’ under the option ‘Storage’.
- After this, you have to right click the disk volume and then choose ‘Change Drive Letter and Paths’ and then hit the ‘Change’ button.
- You can then assign the available drive letter from the list you get there in drop down option.
Doing so can fix corrupted USB flash drive if it is related to assign a drive letter issue.
#3: Enable and Update USB Drive
Suppose, if your flash drive is disabled then it is possible that it will become malfunctioning. Here is how to fix and restore corrupted USB drive data without formatting by simply enabling and updating the USB flash drive:
- In the first step, you have to open the search bar and then type there ‘Device Manager’ and then click on the option ‘Enable’.
- Next, you have to expand the disk driver and make a right click on it and after that, select the ‘Enable’ button.
NOTE: If your drive is outdated then the USB flash drive might unable to work properly. If it outdated then it is a good option to update driver software.
Is It Possible To Recover Files From A Broken Flash Drive?
Well, it completely depends on the extent of the damage. However, to recover data from a broken USB flash drive, it should get connected to the PC via USB cable. Once it is connected, you can try USB Flash Drive Data Recovery Tool to recognize the drive as a raw disk and then restore deleted data from USB flash drive.
(FAQ) Frequently Asked Questions
How To Recover Deleted Media Files From Malfunctioned USB Flash Drive?
Well, infected files, unreliable applications installed on the PC and logical errors make a USB flash drive malfunctioned. So, to fi this issue and recover the data from malfunctioned USB drive, one can follow these steps:
- You have to first plug the USB flash drive to the PC and then browse My Computer.
- Next, you have to select the removable disk and then make a right-click on it and then open Properties and then click Tools and then click on Check.
- Next, you will get there two options to check the disk ‘Automatically fix the file system errors’ and then ‘Scan for and attempt the recovery of bad sectors’. You can select both options.
- You can then click on the option ‘Start’ and then start the USB Drive scanning processes after this.
- Now, simply click the ‘Close’ button after the scanning process gets completed.
How To Recover Data From USB Flash Drive After Formatting?
If you want to know how to recover data from USB pen drive after formatting then you can follow the below steps:
- You need to first connect the USB flash drive to the PC.
- After this, you have to download and install the USB Flash Drive Data Recovery Tool.
- You can then select the drive from which you want to recover the files. After selecting the drive, click on ‘Scan’.
- After this, you can preview the files recovered when the scanning process is completed.
- You can then simply select the images, videos and audio files you want to recover and click on the option ‘Recover’ and save them at the desired location.
How Do I Recover Files From Unrecognized USB Flash Drive?
Sometimes it happens that your USB flash drive becomes unrecognizable due to some reasons. In this case, you can try the below steps to make USB flash drive recognizable and recover data from it:
- Use a different computer that may be able to read the USB drive.
- You can connect the USB drive to another USB port.
- Uninstall and reinstall the USB port via Device Manager.
How To Reformat The USB Flash Drive?
You can follow the below steps to reformat the USB flash drive in no time:
- Firstly, connect the USB flash drive to the Windows PC and then locate the drive in Device Manager and then right click the drive.
- Next, you can select Policies and Optimize for performance.
- Lastly, you have to open My Computer and then select the option ‘Format’ on the USB flash drive.
No matter in which situation you have lost your data from USB flash drive, all you have to do is to try the solutions mentioned here. One of the best options you can try is the USB Flash Drive Data Recovery Software. This is the best suitable way to recover deleted data from USB pen drive.
Apart from this, you can also try other alternatives like restore from the previous version, recover from Recycle Bin and using attrib command.
So, I hope you won’t regret anything after trying the solutions mentioned here.
Also, if you find this blog helpful then do not forget to share it with your friends and relatives.
Taposhi is an expert technical writer with 5+ years of experience. Her in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. She has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.