I have accidentally deleted photos from my digital camera’s memory card. I have used few software for recovery but without any success. Those pictures are very important for me and I do not want to lose them at any cost. So, is there any way to retrieve deleted photos from digital camera card?
The data loss has become common these days and accidental deletion can happen to anyone. However, it is very easy to retrieve lost images from digital camera with the help of Photo Recovery tool but you need to stop adding new data on the camera’s SD card or else it will overwrite the existing data and recovery will become impossible.
Digital camera nowadays plays an important role in everyone’s life. This device used to capture memorable photos and recording in digital form. Most of the current models are also used to capture video and sound. Then images or other media files stored in the digital camera can be uploaded to a computer. Those pictures can be archived on a photographic compact disc or other external hard disks.
Most of the digital cameras have LCD to view both photos in the viewfinder and those in the camera’s memory. Some of the most popular companies that manufacture digital cameras are Sony, Nikon, Kodak, Olympus, FujiFilm, Panasonic and more.
But sometimes what happens is – the images saved in the camera got corrupted due to several reasons but the major question here arises is how to retrieve lost images from digital camera. To get the solution, you need to go through the below section of this blog and know the perfect solutions.
Retrieve Corrupted/Lost/Damaged/Deleted Photos From Digital Camera Card With Photo Recovery Tool
Are you looking for a photo recovery tool to retrieve deleted photos from Digital camera card then do not worry because you have come to the right place. Here, you will get to know how to recover photos from Camera card easily with Photo Recovery Tool. With the help of this tool, you will be able to:
- Recover deleted or lost data such as photos and videos camera memory card
- Retrieve lost or deleted photos from different card types like SD card, memory card, SDHC card, SDXC card, CF card, etc
- Also, get back lost photos and videos from different card brands like Transcend, Verbatim, Kingston, Kingmax, Pentax, Samsung, Toshiba, etc.
- See Preview before recovering the lost photos and videos
- Recover different image file formats like JPG, PNG, GIF, PSD, PIC, BMP, etc
Recover Deleted Photos from Camera Memory Card
Steps to Recover Deleted Images From Digital Camera Card With Photo Recovery Tool
Step 1 – Install "Photo Recovery" software and launch it on your computer. Click on "Recover Photo, Audio & Video" tab to recover photos, videos and audio files from any SD card, external USB drive or computer hard drive. Connect the media to your computer and then perform the process.
Step 2 – Select the drive from which you want to recover files. All the hard drive and external media will be shown in the list. Now select the desired drive to scan and then click on "Scan" button.
Step 3 – Once you click on "Scan" button the software will show that scanning is in progress. The software will search for all multimedia files from your selected drive or attached media.
Step 4 – After scanning, all the files that are found in the selected volume, hard disk or other storage media devices are listed. You can now select the files to preview them and then you can click on "Recover" button to finally save them on your computer.
Other Alternatives To Recover Deleted Pictures From Camera Memory Card
In order to recover deleted photos from camera card, there is a need to apply some manual solutions. If you are unable to get back lost pictures from camera card then you can also try some other alternatives, which also includes manual solutions. So, below are the most effective alternatives that you should definitely try once to recover photos from camera card.
Solution #1: Recover From Backup
If you have a backup of deleted or lost photos then you can easily restore from there. But before restoring the photos, you have to look for the things like:
- Check if the backup is available there
- Make sure the data is not overwritten with the new data
- Check if the images are corrupted
These are the things you have to look for before you restore lost photos from digital camera.
Solution #2: Use Antivirus Scan Process
Sometimes the photos you have saved in your camera’s SD card are hidden due to virus infection. You can do the following things to remove shortcut virus from SD card of digital camera:
- Install Antivirus Software
- Connect your camera’s SD card to the system with the help of card reader
- Scan your memory card with the antivirus software
After performing these steps, you will notice that the photos are now visible and can be easily accessed.
Solution #3: Recover Photos Using Command Prompt
You can also use Command Prompt option to restore lost photos from digital camera. Follow the steps below to start the recovery process to recover media files from memory card using CMD:
- Open the command prompt by clicking the “Run” at the start menu of the computer. Now type “cmd” in the given text box.
- Now type the command “CHKDSK [driveletter] /r” in the command prompt. As for example, the SD card drive is “E” then you have to type “CHKDSK E: /r” command on the cmd. The command “CHKDSK” will check the specified disk for structural corruption. And the parameter “/r” will denote the command to recover the data it finds.
- After this, simply chose “Yes” and then CHKDSK will report back what it has done and you have to visit “My Computer” and check out your specified drive.
You can try all these other alternatives, apart from automatic solution when you lost your images from camera card want a solution for camera card recovery. But, do you know what causes your camera memory card to lost their images or other media files. If no, then look below:
Data Loss Scenarios From Digital Camera Card:
There are some reasons that may lead you to lose photos from your digital camera’s SD card. You can have a look at the reasons one by one:
- Sometimes the data corruption can also be happened due to heated or watered card. As for example, you are using your camera’s SD card and you forget to take out the camera from your pocket and send it to the laundry with other clothes for washing. In this case, data becomes inaccessible because the card gets watered.
- SD card is one of the major sources of storage for any digital camera. SD cards can be corrupted due to carelessness and some actions like improper ejection of SD card from the camera, auto unmount, force pull out and many more. There is a need for just a little pressure to install as well as eject the SD card in your camera. So, you should be very careful while performing these actions or you will lose data.
- If your digital storage media gets corrupted due to malware or virus infection then your data stored in the storage media becomes inaccessible.
- In most of the digital camera, SD card is used for storing videos and photos. There is a separate port of SD card is available where you have to apply a little pressure to eject the SD card. Sometimes the SD card is automatically unmounted if it is not installed properly. In such case, you may lose data from your SD card.
Tips To Avoid Photo Loss Scenarios in Camera Card:
After losing your important data from your camera’s card then it is very important to remember some useful tips which can help you to avoid data loss in future. Some of the tips are mentioned below:
- Do not ever use memory card if there is no space to store new data at all
- Never forget to eject the memory card only after using “Safely Remove” option
- Do not format your memory card in camera
- Always use good brands of memory card
- Never read memory card data with any bad quality memory card reader
- Try to use same brand of memory card reader as that of memory card you are using
- Do not remove or change memory card when the camera is on
- Never save any infected data into the memory card
- Try not to use the memory card when the battery of the camera is low
These tips will help you a lot in the prevention of data from the camera’s SD card. So, always try to follow these tips.
You can have a look at 10 things you should know about Camera Memory Cards
Camera memory card is very sensitive. They actually need special care. After knowing the causes of the reasons for losing data from camera’s SD card, you should avoid such reasons so that you can never face this issue again. Also, the recovery procedure has been discussed above with the help of which you can recover deleted pictures from camera memory card with ease. The steps for the recovery process are so easy to apply that it can be done at home easily even without any technical help.
If you have found this post helpful and useful, then please do not forget to share it.