Have you noticed that you have just got an error message ‘SD card not detected in mobile’ when you connected your microSD card to the system? Well, if yes, then do not worry because you have come to the right place.
Here you will get a complete solution on how to repair memory card not detected in mobile and recover all lost data from it with ease.
“When I plug my 2GB Micro SD card into my Windows 10 laptop to transfer data, it is not showing up. Is there any corrupted Micro SD card repair software that can help to recover my data?”
Android mobile phone not recognized Micro SD card, how to repair?
“My mobile is not detecting MicroSD card. And I try to access it with my PC, but it is still not showing up. Anyone know how to repair Micro SD card not detected? I have important data over there.”
Do you know that microSD card is widely used on Android smartphones and tablets so that one can extend the storage space? But do you have any idea that one day this microSD card may get damaged or corrupted due to some specific reasons?
Also, sometimes it happens that the microSD card gets completely filled with valuable data like photos, videos, and audio files as well and so it gets corrupted.
Well, here in this blog, we will discuss the “MicroSD Card Not Detected on Android Phone” error message. So, you will also get to know how to fix SD card not detected Android error.
Best Solutions To Fix ‘MicroSD Card Not Detected on Android Phone’ Error
You can also try different alternative solutions on how to repair micro SD card not detected error and recover lost data from MicroSD card with ease.
So, follow the below methods to fix micro SD card not detected error message.
Solution #1: Check The Android Phone’s Compatibility
The most common issue that people are facing nowadays on their android phones that the microSD card is easily recognized by the PC but when they are connected in an Android phone, it shows an error ‘memory card not detected in mobile phone’. For this error, the reason can be the compatibility issue.
As for example, the very latest version of microSD cards like SDXC is built for extra storage capacity at a higher speed. This SD card’s format is actually not supported by low-end and older android devices.
Also, most of the android devices have a limit up to which the devices support only some types of SD cards. So, if you find that any specific microSD card is not working on Android phone then you should try swapping the microSD card with a basic to check if it is working or not.
Solution #2: Clean the microSD Card Gently
If you are using a microSD card on your android device for last so many days and it suddenly stops working, then this trick might work. As we all know that the headphone jack and charging port on the android device get filled with grit and dirt and so it would be so unusual if the microSD card is covered in such filth as well.
It may be possible that the reason behind ‘MicroSD Not Detected on Android Phone’ is mainly the dirt that gets inside the charging port and headphone jack. So, in that case, all you have to do is to clean the microSD card gently. So, follow the easy steps to do so:
First of all, take out your microSD card from your android device but make sure that the device is turned off before you do so.
Now use a white-colored rubber eraser and then rub the copper piece gently on the microSD card to clean the dirt.
Or, you can also try nail paint remover around, just dab it in with the Q-tip and then rub it over the contact points of the SD card so that it can detach the erosion.
Now there is a need to make the microSD card dry and once it is done and cleaned, plug the microSD card back to the android phone and use the card happily.
Solution #3: Update MicroSD Card Driver
Because of an outdated SD card driver, it may be possible that the android device or system will not be able to read/write the memory SD card driver. So, in that case, you can update the microSD card driver and make the unreadable microSD card readable again. So, follow the steps to do so:
- First of all, you need to connect the microSD/memory card to the PC.
- Now, you have to right-click on the option ‘My Computer’ or ‘This PC’ and then you need to select the option ‘Manage’.
- After this, in the taskbar on the left, just click on the option ‘device manager’ and then next to ‘USB Serial Bus controllers’ and then click the icon ‘+’. After clicking, you will notice an exclamation mark in yellow color.
- Now you have to right-click and then choose “Update Driver Software” and then click “Search automatically for updated driver software”
- Now you have to wait and let the USB driver be installed and then after installation is done, reboot the system.
After completing all the steps, your microSD card will be easily detected by the android phone or PC.
Solution #4: Fix ‘MicroSD Not Detected on Android Phone’ error with CHKDSK Command Prompt
If you notice that the microSD card or memory card has the bad sectors or any internal error then it will not be detectable or readable by the PC or mobile phones. However, you can easily run CHKDSK command to fix micro SD card not detected android issue.
You can try the below steps to fix microSD card not detected on Android :
- In the very first step, you have to right-click on ‘My Computer’ or ‘This PC’ and then select Manage and click on Disk Management and then find the device in the external drive viewer to check whether the system can detect the memory card or not.
- Now, you need to press Win+R and then type cmd and then hit Enter key.
- After this, you have to type chkdsk D:/f and then hit the Enter key. Or, you can also type chkdsk D:/f/ offlinescanandfix and next you have to hit Enter key again. This will easily fix microSD card error issue and easily make the card detectable.
Solution #5: Format microSD card into NTFS/FAT32/exFAT
Once you have restored all the data from the microSD card, you may format the microSD card so that it can become usable again:
- First of all, go to Disk Management and then Right-click on the Memory or SD card and then select the option Format.
- After this, set labels, file system (NTFS/FAT32/exFAT) for the memory or microSD card and then click OK.
The memory card or microSD card can now read and will be easily detected by the android phone. You can then also import the previously restored data to the microSD card and then continue using the phone again.
Solution #6: Format MicroSD Card Using Inbuilt ‘Disk Management Tool’
To fix ‘microSD card not detected on android’ error you can try the inbuilt tool called Disk Management tool to format the microSD card. To do so, you have to follow the steps:
- In the first step, you have to click ‘Start’ and then go to Control Panel.
- Now, you have to click the option ‘Administrative Tools’ and then click on the option ‘Computer Management’.
- After performing step 2, a new window will be opened, click on Disk Management and then you have to find the device in the driver viewer.
- In the last step, you can right-click on the microSD card and then select the Format option to format the microSD card directly.
Solution #7: Unmount And Remount microSD Card
In order to repair ‘MicroSD Not Detected on Android Phone’ error, you can also try this option where you have to first unmount SD card and then remount it to make it detectable. So, to do so, you have to follow the below steps:
- First of all, go to Settings and then Storage on your android phone and then find SD card section.
- If you see the options ‘Mount SD card’ or ‘Unmount SD card’ in the storage option they perform the operations as required.
With these steps, you will be able to resolve how to repair memory card not detected in mobile. But, you should definitely make sure that the android phone is not connected to the system while the process is going on.
Solution #8: Use Your Windows System To Diagnose
Sometimes Windows can fix or repair some specific disk drives errors. So, for this, you can mount SD card to a system just to check the errors. But remember that this method will not work if the system is unable to detect the microSD card. But, if it is detectable then you can follow the below steps:
- In the very first step, insert your microSD card into the card reader and after that connect it to the system.
- Now, you have to open the ‘My Computer’ option and then find the disk drive of the microSD card.
- Now, in the next step, you have to right-click the disk and then select the option ‘Property’.
- After this click on the tab ‘Tools’ and choose Check and then Repair drive on error checking section.
After the drive gets fixed or repaired, you need to eject the microSD card and insert it back to your android phone.
Solution #9: Factory Reset Android Phone
Sometimes you may notice that the microSD card is not detected error due to software issues on the android phones. In that case, the factory reset option can fix some kinds of software issues on android phones.
To do so, you have to first go to ‘Settings’ and then ‘Backup and Restore’ option and then choose the ‘Factory Reset’ option. Now it is important to make sure that the android smartphone’s or Google’s accounts password is already remembered in the case of Factory Reset Protection Lock and then make backups for your android phone’s data.
Automatic Solution To Recover Data From Fixed Micro SD Card
While fixing the error ‘micro SD card no media detected’, if you face a data loss issue from your micro SD card then you can directly try MicroSD Card Recovery Tool. This tool will help you recover data from android phone’s microSD card after fixing the error it shows. You can recover lost data from the microSD card easily with some easy to apply steps that are mentioned below.
Steps To Recover Deleted Data From MicroSD Card In Easy Steps
Step 1: Select Desired Location
Firstly, select the drive, external media or volume from which you want to recover deleted media files. After selecting, click on 'Scan'.
Step 2: Preview Recovered Media Files
Next, you can preview the recoverable media files after the scanning process is completed.
Step 3: Recover Media Files
Lastly, you can select the images, audio, video files you want to restore and click on 'Recover' option to save them at the location you want.
As we all know that microSD card is a vital solution for those who have less storage capacity. However, at some point, you may lose data from it when it shows an error message microSD card is not detected on Android phones.
But if you get this error message then do not worry, just go through the solutions mentioned in this blog. Just follow the solutions on how to repair micro SD card not detected Android.
In case, while fixing this issue, you find your data gets lost from a micro SD card then you can try MicroSD Card Recovery Tool to recover deleted data from phone’s microSD.
This is the best solution you can try even without any technical help.
Editor's Note: This post was originally published in May 2019. This updated version is completely revamped for comprehensiveness, freshness, and accuracy.
Alex is an expert technical writer with 7+ years of experience. His in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. Alex has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.