Do you want to recover deleted or lost photos from SD card? Are you looking for a way to know how to recover deleted photos from SD card? If YES then you are absolutely at right place. Here in this post, you will be able to find complete solution for how to get back lost photos from SD card? You can easily restore deleted photos from SD card with several alternatives. So, do not miss to read this blog and get the perfect solution for SD card recovery solution.
Well, it is a common situation……It happened to all of us. Whether your digital camera fell into wrong hand or lapse of eye can make your data loss. A wrong click can “Delete All” data from you device. You might have faced this situation or someone you know that faced this situation. Accidental deletion of photos from a camera’s SD card is the most common issue.
SD card is the main storage media for any mobile phones or digital cameras. Just imagine a scenario you went for a vacation with your family and clicked tons of photos of those unforgettable moments. You found few pictures are not good enough so you planned to delete them and to keep the best one among them. But accidentally you selected the Delete All option.
Oh No! This is the two words that will come out from your mouth. What disaster happened? When you will found that your photos are disappeared it is a very disappointing moment for everyone. If you have accidentally formatted your SD card or you found that your SD card is corrupted then don’t worry you still have the chance to get them back. With the widely used of SD card, data loss situation has become very common. If you are looking for a way to recover photos from SD card then just try the solutions mentioned here in this blog.
The deleted photos are not gone forever you can recover them. Be calm and relax! The first thing you need to do is to stop using your SD card and use SD Card Recovery software. The deleted or formatted data are not immediately erased there place is just marked as empty and the data are still over there but it is invisible. The empty spaces are waiting for the new new data to reserve that place and before you can get back the data. Many of us think that then data gone are impossible to recover.
Best Way To Recover Deleted Photos From SD Card With SD card Recovery Tool
With SD card recovery tool, you can easily able to get back lost or deleted photos/images from SD card in just a few steps. Here, you can look at the easy to apply steps to perform the recovery process. The process to recover photos from SD card is so easy that anyone can easy apply it without any need of technical help.
With the help of SD Card recovery tool, you can:
- Restore Deleted, formatted, erased or missing photo easily
- Also recover various videos and music file formats
- Easily recover media files from several media storage devices such as memory cards, external hard drive, hard drive, memory sticks, smartphones & tablets, pen drive, USB drives, digital cameras, & camcorders, etc
- It is easy to use and read-only program
- This software is compatible on both Windows and Mac
Steps To Recover Lost Photos From SD Card
Step 1 – Install "Photo Recovery" software and launch it on your computer. Click on "Recover Photo, Audio & Video" tab to recover photos, videos and audio files from any SD card, external USB drive or computer hard drive. Connect the media to your computer and then perform the process.
Step 2 – Select the drive from which you want to recover files. All the hard drive and external media will be shown in the list. Now select the desired drive to scan and then click on "Scan" button.
Step 3 – Once you click on "Scan" button the software will show that scanning is in progress. The software will search for all multimedia files from your selected drive or attached media.
Step 4 – After scanning, all the files that are found in the selected volume, hard disk or other storage media devices are listed. You can now select the files to preview them and then you can click on "Recover" button to finally save them on your computer.
Other Alternatives To Get Back Lost Data From SD Card
Apart from the above-mentioned recovery tool, you can also try some other alternatives that do not need any tool. You can try it on your own, all you need is to just perform some easy manual steps and recover lost photos from SD card.
Method #1: Change SD Card Drive Letter Name
If you are unable to view your SD card but it is showing in Disk Management option, then kindly change the letter name of your SD card and the steps are given below:
- First, insert your SD card into the card reader.
- Then connect the card reader to your personal laptop or computer.
- Go to Start menu of your system.
- In the search address bar, type Disk Management.
- Click and open the Disk Management
- After that right click on your SD card and select the option Change Drive Letter and Paths for making changes.
- Now, you can easily rename your SD card drive letter name.
- Lastly, click the OK button to apply the changes.
[Note]:- Don’t forget to check whether your SD card is functioning properly or not. If your issue has not resolved, then kindly reinstall your reader driver once again.
Method#2: Try CHKDSK Command Prompt
Sometimes, you might face some error issues in your SD card and it is unreadable to your personal computer/laptop, then there is another alternative option to solve your problem. What you have to do is to run the CHKDSK Command Prompt and given below are the steps to perform this:
- First, you have to right click on the My Computer
- Go to Manage
- Select the Disk Management
- Locate your device in the external driver viewer and from here check whether you’re SD card is readable or not.
- If your SD card is readable then it’s ok or if it is not detected then follow the procedure of check disk option, i.e. run the CHKDSK Command Prompt from Run
- Now, press Windows + R key to open the Run
- To do this, type cmd the Run command and press Enter.
- Your CHKDSK Command Prompt will appear on the screen.
- Here you have to type chkdsk D:/f and press Enter.
- Else, you can also type chkdsk D:/f offlinescanandfix and press Enter key.
- By performing this, your issue will get resolved.
- Hence, your SD card is readable again.
Method #3: Re-Install Card Reader Driver
You can also try reinstalling your card reader driver to fix this issue. Following are the steps given below to reinstall your card reader driver:
- Go to Start menu of your system.
- Click on the option Device Manager and open it.
- In Device Manager, choose the Memory technology device
- From here you can note down the details of your card reader and after that, you can download a fresh copy of your drivers from the original website of the esteemed card reader.
- Now, after your card reader model is enabled, then right click on your card reader and select the option Uninstall device from here.
- Restart your computer or laptop after your card reader driver gets uninstalled.
- After that run the setup of the downloaded card reader driver and follow the complete installation steps.
- Lastly, kindly check that your SD card is displaying or not.
[Note]:- If all the above method fails to solve your issue then the alternative option left is to format memory card or SD card.
But if you will format your SD card, then you will lose all the data that are stored in your external storage drives like SD card or USB flash drive. Thus, it is suggested that you should always keep a backup of your data to other locations or any external storage devices so that you can easily perform external storage data recovery.
Method#5: Repair Undetected or Unrecognized SD Card With CMD
There are people asking – How do I repair corrupted SD card that is not recognized by Windows PC? Well, if this is the case with you, then you can repair corrupted SDcard and get rid of the undetectable, unrecognized or unreadable SD card issue by running CMD command.
Here are the steps that you can follow to repair SD card with CMD prompt:
- Insert undetected or unrecognized SD card into card reader and connect it to Windows computer.
- On your PC, click START, type “CMD” in search bar and hit ENTER. A new command prompt window will get open.
- Now type the following command: “chkdsk /X /f H:” or “chkdsk H: /f” and hit ENTER. Here you need to replace H: with your SD card letter name.
After this windows will look for the corruption and if any corruption found then it will fix them. On successful completion of the process, you can re-use your SD card without any issue or error.
Method #6: Use Disk Management To Format SD Card
Some people have also asked – How do I format damaged SD card that makes it unreadable or unrecognized on Windows PC, Android phone or digital camera? Well, in that case, follow the below steps to format the damaged SD card:
- First, connect your damaged SD card to your Windows computer.
- On Your PC, click Start and then right-click on “This PC” or “My Computer” and then select “Manage”.
- On the left side, click on “Disk Management”.
- Now right click on the SD card and click on “Format” option
- Perform a quick format.
Now after performing these above steps, wait for the format process to get complete.
Method#7: Format SD Card To NTFS
After the restoration of your data from SD card, now you can proceed to format your SD card to NTFS file system for using it again and following are the steps given below to do so.
- Go to Disk Management
- In the Disk Management, first right click on your SD card.
- Then choose the option Format.
- After that select file system as NTFS.
- Click on the OK button for formatting your SD card.
- After the completion of SD card formatting procedure, make sure that from now onwards it is working properly.
Causes Of Data Loss From SD Card:
There are several causes that cause data corruption from SD card. Here, you can look at some common causes of losing data from SD card:
- Power Failure While Transferring Data – Power failure during task execution is the very common reason of memory card corruption. To avoid this situation one can use any power backup option like UPS. Power backup tool or UPS will protect your computer system from improper shutdown due to power failure.
- Virus Attack – Virus and computer malware can easily infect or corrupt any memory card so void connecting your memory card in any virus infected or unprotected computer system. It is also recommended that install any updated antivirus program into your computer system.
- Improper Removal of SD Card – Removing SD card improperly can also lead to SD card data corruption. If SD card is connected with a computer and it is running any task and immediately you removed SD card from computer then due to this memory card gets damaged. So it is recommended that always obey the removal process to remove memory card from computer. A safely removal process is the best way to remove memory card.
- Capturing Photos When Your SD Card Is Full – If you try to capture image while memory card show low memory message then due to this memory card may also gets corrupted. Always live some free space into your memory card because some free space is recommended by the memory card to perform better.
These are some of the most common causes of losing data from SD card. Try to avoid all these situations so that you cannot get any SD card issues like its corruption or deletion issue. But, you can easily retrieve photos from SD card with the help of manual solutions or SD card recovery mentioned in this blog.
SD card is the most common external storage device that people use to store their crucial data like photos, video, audio files and more. But, if you even lose data from it without having any backup then you can try the best ways to recover deleted pictures from SD card or other data mentioned in this blog. So, if you are looking for the recovery solution and want to know how to retrieve deleted photos from SD card then just try the options from the above solutions. These solutions will definitely help you out. Just try them once.