Trying to play an MP4 movie/video on your Windows PC but receiving MP4 0xc00d36c4 video error code? Want to know why it is happening and how you can actually fix MP4 video error 0xc00d36c4? If your answer is Yes, then keep on reading this optimized post.
In this troubleshooting guide, we have covered all the possible fixes that will surely assist you to fix the 0xc00d36c4 MP3 error and make your videos playable again.
You can fix error code 0xc00d36c4 by downloading the missing codecs, converting the MP4 format to another video format, using another media player, or using the best Video Repair Tool.
To fix MP4 0xc00d36c4 video error , we recommend this tool:
This software will repair flickery, stuttery, jerky, unplayable videos and supports all popular video formats. Now repair your corrupt and broken videos in 3 easy steps:
- Download this Video Repair Tool rated Great on Pcmag.com.
- Click Add File to add the video you want to repair.
- Select Repair to start the repair process and save the repaired video on the desired location after the repair is done.
What Does 0xc00d36c4 Mean?
Video error 0xc00d36c4 is the most common error that has been reported by the users while playing MP4 video files on their Windows PC.
It’s mostly experienced just after updating the Windows OS or when you’re trying to play a video from the data storage media like a DVD or USB flash drive.
Moreover, when you try to play video in Xbox, Groove, and Movies & TV application, you can even face the “can’t play video error 0xc00d36c4″ or can’t play 0xc00d36c4 error.
But before fixing this issue, let’s know why this error actually takes place.
What Causes “0xc00d36c4 Video Error Code”?
Well, the error message or 0xc00d36c4 MP3 error code may occur due to several reasons. Some of the major reasons are mentioned below. They are:
- The file extension is incorrect
- The media player does not support the MP4 video file format
- MP4 video file is corrupted
- System drivers are not updated
- Display drivers are not updated
- Wrong video codec
- Windows Media Player has a copy-protected feature enabled.
As you’ve known the major factors for this error now let’s know how to fix 0xc00d36c4 error code with the best solutions.
Use Video Repair Tool To Repair MP4 Video Error 0xc00d36c4
When it comes to the best Video Repair tool then no other tool can be as effective as Video Repair Tool. Yes, I am recommending this tool because it is packed with some best features that enable you to fix any kind of error you get while playing MP4 video file.
Not only MP4 video files but you can also fix other video file formats as well with the help of this video file repair tool.
The best part about this tool is that – it is available for both operating systems. It means if you are using Windows PC then you can go for Windows version and if you are using Mac PC then you can go for Mac version respectively.
So, without wasting any time, to repair MP4 videos & fix issues try MP4 File Repair Tool. You just have to download and install this tool for Windows or Mac respectively and repair your corrupt video file.
Steps To Fix This Video Is Unplayable On This Device MP4 Video Error Code 0xc00d36c4
Step 1: Download, install and launch Video Repair software on your system. Click on 'Add Files' to add corrupted video files.
Step 2: Click on 'Repair' button to begin the repairing process. This start repairing your added video files one by one.
Step 3: You can click on 'Preview', in order to preview the repaired video file within the software and click on 'Save Repaired Files' button to save the repaired videos at desired location.
Solutions To Fix “MP4 0xc00d36c4 Video Error Code”
Follow the below tricks to know how do I fix error code 0xc00d36b4 in a hassle-free manner:
- Play MP4 Video File In Another File Format
- Convert The Video File Format To Another Format
- Download The Missing Codecs
- Remove & Reinstall All USB Controllers
- Disable Copy Protection In Windows Media Player
- Update The Display Adapter Driver
- Run Windows Troubleshooter
- Change Playback Settings Configuration
Fix #1: Play MP4 Video File In Another Media Players
If the current media player is not able to play the MP4 video file then it is better if you try other media players. However, VLC is one of the best well-known media players as an alternative to Windows and other media player apps. VLC has features that allow playing almost all video file formats of video files.
For this, you have to first download and install the VLC media player on your PC and launch the MP4 video file error 0xc00d36c4 via VLC media player.
- In order to launch MP4 videos and other media files via VLC, you have to follow the below steps:
- Firstly, you have to download the VLC media player on your PC from its official site.
- Next, you have to double click the setup file and then follow the instructions mentioned onscreen to install this media player.
- After the application gets installed, you have to make a right-click on the media file and then select the Open with VLC Media Player.
- When you successfully completed the installation of the VLC Media Player, your VLC interface will something look like this:
However, if VLC does not work then you can try other media player such as QuickTime, Winamp, KMPlayer, etc.
Fix #2: Convert The Video File Format To Another Format
In order to fix MP4 video error 0xc00d36c4, you can convert this video file format to another format so that it can play video. When it comes to convert MP4 video file format to another format, you can try online and other media player like VLC Media Player.
To convert MP4 video file format to another file format using VLC Media Player, follow the below steps:
- First of all, open the video file with VLC Media Player.
- You have to then go to the Media section and then select Convert or Save.
- Next, you have to input files or stream that need to be transcoded.
- After this, you have to press Convert or Save.
- Now, in the Convert window, you have to select Browse to provide the file name as well as the location against the Destination file.
- Next, you are required to add a profile or have to click Edit Selected Profile and the wrench icon to change or add particular profile settings.
- After this, you have to simply click Start and your converted video file will be simply saved at the location specified by you.
If this solution doesn’t work for you, try the next 0xc00d36c4 MP4 error fixes and tackle the situation.
Fix #3: Download The Missing Codecs To Fix 0xc00d36c4 Video Error
The MP4 video error 0xc00d36c4 could be due to one or more supporting codecs that are not at all installed on the PC.
So, you have to download the compatible codecs for that video file format. However, if you want to download the codecs automatically for Windows Media Player then you can follow the below steps:
- Firstly, you have to go to Tools then Options and then Player in Windows Media Player.
- Now, you have to select the Download codecs automatically checkbox and then click.
- Next, you have to plat the video file. You can then click there if you are prompted to install codec.
Also, you may choose to download a codec pack from any reputed third party vendor. But, make sure that you select a trusted and reputed vendor and website. However, if you want to know more about the codecs, you can go through this Microsoft’s website.
Fix #4: Remove & Reinstall All USB Controllers
If you get ‘This file isn’t playable 0xc00d36c4 error code’ then it may be because of system conflict between the computer and the connected external media drive such as SD card, pen drive, memory card, etc.
Now, for 0xc00d36c4 mp4 error fix, you have to reinstall the USB controllers of the computer. Here are the steps mentioned to remove and reinstall USB controllers on Windows PC:
- First of all, you have to press Windows + X keys together and then select Device Manager.
- Now, in the Device Manager windows, you have to scroll down to Universal Serial Bus Controllers and then double click on it.
- After this, you have to right click on each of the USB drive one after another under Universal Serial Bus Controllers and then you have to select Uninstall.
- After this, you have to restart the PC and the USB controllers will be reinstalled.
Now lastly, you have to connect the USB device to the PC and then simply check if the Windows video media error 0xc00d36c4 error code is fixed.
Fix #5: Disable Copy Protection In Windows Media Player
If can’t play 0xc00d36c4 pops up every time whenever you play DVD/CD or mobile phone music on the PC then the major reason behind this can be the Copy Protection.
Yes, this is the feature of Windows Media Player and if you turn off this feature, it will fix can t play this file isn t playable 0xc00d36c4.
You can go through the below steps to disable or turn-off copy protection in Windows Media Player:
- In the first step, you have to simply open Windows Media Player.
- Next, you have to click Organize tab located on the top-left side of the screen.
- Now, from the drop-down option, you have to select Options.
- After this, in the Options window, you have to click in Rip Music.
- Now, uncheck Copy Protect music under the Rip settings and then click OK.
After doing so, when you play the music from DVD/CD or any external device, you will see that Windows video media error 0xc00d36c4 is no longer appearing.
Fix #6: Update The Display Adapter Driver
Sometimes, MP4 video error code 0xc00d36c4 may take place due to hardware conflict as well. So, in this case, you can try to update the display drivers to fix MP4 video error 0xc00d36c4. Here are the steps you can follow to update the display driver:
- Firstly, you have to go to the Device Manager and then right click on the driver.
- Next, you have to click Update Driver Software and then Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
NOTE: If the current display drive is already updated then you just have to be on a safer side. And, to be on a safer side, it is better option to first uninstall the driver and then reinstall it.
Fix #7: Run Windows Troubleshooter To Fix This Video Is Unplayable On This Device
The Windows Troubleshooter is actually a built-in feature and it resolves errors such as MP4 video error 0xc00d36c4 with ease.
In order to use this function, you have to follow the below instructions:
- Make a right click on the Start button and then search for the Troubleshooting
- Now, you have to find and then left click on the option ‘Run troubleshooter’.
- After this, you have to follow the instructions mentioned there to complete the process.
Next, you will be required to restart the computer and check if the MP4 video error code 0xc00d36c4 occurs while playing the MP4 video.
Fix #8: How To Fix 0xc00d36c4 By Changing Playback Settings Configuration
One of the causes of getting ‘can’t play video error 0xc00d36c4’ error is the playback setting’s misconfiguration. This means that the settings have been changed by malware or by many different users.
Also, along with video error, you can also get audio sync error in MP4 file due to which you can get this error code 0xc00d36c4.
For this, you can troubleshoot the configurations because it can help you fix video player error 0xc00d36c4. To do so, you have to follow the below steps:
- First of all, locate the Volume icon on the very bottom right corner of the screen.
- Next, you have to click on ‘Playback devices’.
- After this, you have to open the Speaker tab and then simply select ‘Configure Options’ so that you can open the speaker setup window.
- Next, a list of audio channels will be shown on the screen. You have to click there on the Test button for each audio and video channel. If it says ‘Failed to play test tone’ then make a note of the channel.
- Now, after testing all the Audio channels, you can click on the option ‘Next’.
- There, you have to unselect all the speakers that produce the error.
- Next, you have to simply close the window and see if this video is unplayable on this device error is fixed and media files are playing now.
To Sum Up
The 0xc00d36c4 video error is quite a common error faced by users while playing the video in a media player. However, troubleshooting the error can allow the users to play MP4 video error-free without any hassle.
So, keeping this in mind, I have tried to provide you the best 0xc00d36c4 MP4 error fixes to solve MP4 video error 0xc00d36c4 using which you will definitely be able to play the video without any error.
At last, all I want to say is that you should try these fixes and if they all fail to overcome the issue then you can try MP4 File Repair Tool. This tool will definitely help you fix can t play this file isn t playable 0xc00d36c4 in just a simple three steps.
Alex is an expert technical writer with 7+ years of experience. His in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. Alex has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.