Well, a dead USB flash drive is a storage media that can’t be recognized or detected by your PC. In such case, you can’t even find your USB drive or you can’t get the data that stored within it. As your PC can’t detect the dead flash drive, it means that you’ve lost the data that saved in the dead flash drive. But do not worry, because here in this tutorial I am going to discuss the best & easiest solution on how to recover data from dead USB flash drive. Read further in detail…
To recover files from dead USB flash drive, we recommend this tool:
This software will restore data from corrupted, formatted, encrypted storage media and works in all data loss situations. Now recover your lost and deleted data in 3 easy steps:
- Download this Data Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media from which you want to restore the media files & click Scan.
- Preview the recoverable files, select the items you want to recover and click Recover to save the files at desired location.
How To Recover Data From A Dead USB Flash Drive? (Using Best Tool)
If you ever notice that the USB drive data is not detected or has been deleted then you can easily perform data recovery from dead USB stick. Yes, I am saying so because, with the help of the best USB Flash Drive Data Recovery Tool, you can easily recover data from dead USB flash drive.
This data recovery from dead USB stick tool is 100% safe & secure and very easy to use. This tool recovers data of all types like photos, video, and audio files from external hard drives. Also, it recovers all file formats of photos, videos, and audio files which include the following:
- Video file formats: MP4, FLV, VOB, MPEG, WMV, M4V, F4V, AVI, MOV, MKV, etc
- Image file formats: BMP, JPEG/JPG, PNG, TIFF, GIF, RAW image file formats
- Audio file formats: FLAC, WMA, MP3, M4A, AIFF, OGG, MIDI, RPS, AMR, etc
This is the best option you can try for USB flash drive data recovery on Windows as well as Mac systems. Below you can download and install this software and recover deleted data from it with ease.
Here is the step by step guide to recover dead USB hard disk data in no time using this fully-featured data recovery tool.
More Alternatives To Retrieve Data From Dead USB Flash Drive
Method #1: Restore From Backup
Another option that you can try is to retrieve data from dead USB flash drive using a backup. If you have ever saved a backup of your important photos and videos on another drive or on the same device that you don’t want to lose at any cost then you can simply restore from the backup option.
Follow the below steps to restore from backup:
- Firstly, find out and open the backup folder.
- After this, locate the data you actually restore lost or deleted files from USB flash drive.
- Lastly, just copy & store the found files back to the disk drives.
Method #2: Perform Re-Installation Of Drivers To Recover Data From A Dead USB Flash Drive
If you find that your computer is not at all able to detect the USB drive then it is possible that it may be outdated. You can try to reinstall the drive by following the below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, go to This PC and then right-click on it.
- Next, you have to check the Manage and then go to Device Manager and then double click the option Disk Drives.
- Now, go to removable drive and then click the option Uninstall.
- Lastly, you need to disconnect the USB and then simply restart the PC and then reconnect it.
How To Fix A USB Flash Drive That Is Not Recognized?
If your USB drive is undetected or not reorganized by Disk Management at all, it’s likely that:
- Your USB flash drive is physically damaged
- There must be a driver issue
- The USB drive is not connected properly
To solve this problem, you can first connect your USB drive and check the connection:
- Change the USB port/cable
- Connect your USB to another computer and check whether the problem solved.
Reasons That Make Your USB Drive A Dead Device
Below I have listed the variety of causes that would make your USB drive dead:
- The USB flash drive is damaged.
- Your USB drive might be infected by malware/virus, and your computer can’t recognize the virus-infected USB drive.
- Sudden power off.
- Your USB flash drive is hidden in the system.
- Suddenly pulling out of the USB drive when it is working.
These are the most common reasons that can make your USB drive dead and can’t access the data within it.
Is It Possible To Recover Data From Dead USB Stick?
Yes, it is possible to recover data from dead USB stick. No matter what are the reasons behind data deletion from dead USB, we all want our data back.
When your USB drive is undetected by your PC then you have to keep in mind that as soon you come to know about files lost, immediately stop using your USB to avoid permanent data loss from the USB flash drive.
After doing so, you can try the third-party USB File Recovery Tool to recover dead USB hard disk data.
How To Extend Life Span Of The USB Drive?
To prolong SD card or USB drive life it is advised to follow the below-mentioned tips.
- Always take out the USB drive when it is not in use. Because it will ensure that the current never flows via the circuits of USB flash drive.
- Physical damage will kill your USB. It is therefore advised to keep your USB with care and never let any external pressure or damage destroy it.
- The data on USB drive should not be edited directly it will make sure that the USB magnetic strip is used.
- The read & erase cycles level should be saved. Unwanted data should never be copied or transferred at all.
Time To Conclude
Actually until and unless you don’t have a perfect solution with you, it is impossible to recover data from dead USB flash drive. To recover files from dead USB flash drive, the USB Data Recovery Software is the only program that makes sure that the work is done without your interference.
Or, you can also try the other alternatives like backup option and restore using disk management tool as well to recover hidden data from a USB drive.
However, in this blog, I have tried my best to collect all the possible solutions that will let you know how to recover data from dead USB flash drive.
So, all the very best to you….I hope you find this blog helpful.
Alex is an expert technical writer with 7+ years of experience. His in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. Alex has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.