Step by Step Guide to Restore Media Files from xD Card Easily in Just a Few Clicks
Have you lost some of your precious media files from your xD card? Do you want to get them back with an ease? Are you looking for a way to recover them easily? If YES then do not worry because here in this blog, you will get the complete solution with Digital Media Recovery tool. With this tool, you will allow you to:
- Get back lost media files from XD card easily
- Retrieve damaged photos, videos and audio files from corrupted or damaged memory card
- Retrieve lost or corrupted data even from different memory card types such as SD card, SDXC card, SDHC card, CF card, etc
- Recover data from External storage device and Hard Drive as well
- Restore deleted data from other memory card brands, as for example, Verbatim, Toshiba, Samsung, Sandisk, Transcend, Pentax, Sony, Kingmax, Kingston, etc.
xD Picture Card known as Extreme Digital Picture Card a type of removable flash memory designed to use in digital cameras. Olympus and Fujifilm were the two brands of devices to use the xD Picture card. It is ultra-compact with its size of 20mm x 25mm x 1.7mm. Its storage capacity varies from 16 MB to 8 GB and usually you will get this card in four types i.e. Normal, M, M+ and H. This card is widely used by digital cameras of Fujifilm and Olympus.
But being a digital media, this card is quite susceptible to loss and corruption due to which you may lose your memorable captures and other things stored in it. If you have formatted the card by mistake, deleted photos from it, card is damaged or is giving error messages then to retrieve the lost pictures, videos or music files back xD picture card recovery is the best option.
What causes photo or other digital media loss from xD card?
- Human errors: When you are deleting some unwanted pictures from your xD card then at that time by mistake you may deletes the important picture. In some cases, when you are browsing through options you can also delete all photos from the memory card while just by pressing format option or delete all option. This is a very common reason of memory card corruption. So that it is necessary to operate any device by reading operation manual carefully.
- Formatting: At times, when you insert your xD card on your computer they ask you to format. Thus, you don’t have any other option than formatting due to which you lose your entire photo. This error message is displayed by a computer system due to improper formatting of memory card, because of improper formatting of memory card your computer can’t read the xD card and display message to format the card. And when you press the OK button then memory card gets formatted automatically.
- Virus attack: Viruses are the major threats resulting in huge data loss. When viruses attacks your xD card they results in corruption of the memory card file system or card inaccessible. Don’t connect the memory card with any virus infected computer system because it can easily corrupt your memory card and make it inaccessible. To avoid virus attack always use an updated antivirus program in your computer system.
- Power Failure: While transferring your photos from the xD card to your computer, you may lose your important photos due to power failure as your computer will shut down abruptly. Sometimes, you can also lose your photos when it is clicked in low battery condition and not saved properly.
- Improper removal of xd Card: xD card can also gets inaccessible or corrupt due to unacceptable removal of xD card, to avoid this types of corruption scenario always remove card by using safely removal option. Remove memory card properly from computer system and mobile to avoid corruption.
Though the above mentioned causes are the most common ways by which people loss their valuable stuffs, there are also other reasons that results the same issue. But now there is nothing to worry about, because with xD picture card recovery software you can easily rescue what you have lost from your xD card. Before proceeding further two things you need to keep in mind regarding recovery –
- Never format the camera card after any picture or any other stuff has been deleted from it.
- Immediately stop using the xD card after any of data loss or deletion occurred from it.
If you will keep the above mentioned points in your mind then the possibility of getting best result of recover increases several folds.
xD Picture Card Recovery
xD Picture Card Recovery is multifunctional software which is especially used to restore xD card missing pictures, videos, important files etc. It comes with 4 different recovery options i.e. Preview Recovery, Raw Recovery, Batch Recovery and Safe Recovery to facilitate better recovery. You can see thumbnail display of recoverable photos or videos with the help of Preview Recovery. Raw Recovery is the most advanced feature of this software in order to prove that this software is able to support more than 100 different file types. This powerful utility recovers all picture formats such as GIF, BMP, JPEG, Pro Image File (PIF) etc. MPEG, 3GP, ASX, OGG Media Player (OGM), Video Object File (VOB) etc are the videos format supported by this software. With the help of Batch Recovery, you can retrieve multiple files at same time. In order to restore xD card safely, Safe Recovery is created. In the whole it is very powerful utility that is created to assist you to recover any digital media content that you lose from your xD card.
Steps to recover lost, formatted, missing or deleted data from xd Card
- Step 1: Download and install xD Picture Card Recovery software. Connect xD card via a card reader to your computer. Open the program.
- Step 2: Click “Recover Photo, Audio & Video” and you will able to see drive list. Select the drive that represents the xD memory card then click on ‘Start Scan’.
- Step 3: The scan takes few minutes. After finish scanning, you can see several photos in the lists. In the software panel, you need to preview. By checking the boxes on the left, you can recover them. You can select the desired files then click the ‘Recover’ button to save them.
- Step 4: Select a location in order to save the recovered multimedia files.
Tips to remember
After losing your important data from your storage device, it is very much important to remember some useful tips which can help you to avoid data loss in future. Some of the tips are mentioned below:
- Always make a backup of all your important files or folders so that it can help you in future when any data loss situation happens.
- Use some reliable power source which can help your system from sudden shutdown
- Before formatting, check your storage device at least two to three times
- Never use any digital device when its battery is low
- Don’t remove the files when file transfer process is on progress
- Before removing the device from computer or from any other system, eject it properly
- Avoid using the same device when it is already used and it is full. Keep it on safe place and do not save any new media files otherwise the previous data will be overwritten
- Always protect your device from any virus or malware attack by using the perfect antivirus program
- Before deleting any files, just be sure of what you are selecting and what you are deleting
- Never avoid any type of warning message because this can also be the reason for data loss