Want to know how to repair DAT video file? If ‘YES’ then do not skip reading this page, just stay here for a while and know your solutions to fix DAT video file. Not only the solutions, but I will also provide you information related to DAT video file, how the DAT file gets corrupt, why DAT video file becomes inaccessible under certain circumstances.
But, before you proceed to read all the related information, let me discuss something more about the DAT video file. So, read further in detail…
To repair DAT files, we recommend this tool:
This software will repair flickery, stuttery, jerky, unplayable videos and supports all popular video formats. Now repair your corrupt and broken videos in 3 easy steps:
- Download this Video Repair Tool rated Great on Pcmag.com.
- Click Add File to add the video you want to repair.
- Select Repair to start the repair process and save the repaired video on the desired location after the repair is done.
What Is Meant By DAT File?
The DAT file format is appended with a .dat extension which can be opened, edited or authored using associated Microsoft Windows application. This video file is the generic data file that created by a specific application.
DAT files are the VCD Video files that used for playing videos from the Video CD (VCD) optical disc. It is generally saved in an MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 format and contains video data from the VCD optical disc. It might contain data in the binary or text format. It is a data file used by Piriform applications like Speccy, Defraggler, CCleaner and Recuva..
Why It Is Use?
DAT files are only used for application support and are not meant to be opened manually by the user.
How to Repair Damaged .Dat Video File? (Using Best Tool)
To repair DAT video file, you can use the best recommended DAT Video Repair Tool. This tool has all the specifications and features that any best repair tool used to offer their users. It also help you to repair the major video file formats like WMV, FLV, MPEG, AVCHD, WEBM, MTS, MOV, MP4, AVI, 3G2, etc. on Windows & Mac.
This ensures the guaranteed repair of corrupt video files and is an effective solution to bring the corrupted files into the working format. If you are willing to fix DAT video file, then you can download the tool for your Windows and Mac OS respectively from the below buttons.
This .dat video file repair software has several features which are outstanding, some of them are:
- Easily repairs all video file formats that have become damaged, broken, corrupted or inaccessible.
- Also, fixes virus-infected DAT or other video files
- Offers preview option before you finally get the repaired .dat file in your preferred folder
- It is easy to use and is available in different versions of Windows and Mac OS X
- 100% safe and secure to use
Below is the user guide that will show you the steps to be done after you install this .dat video file repair software successfully on your PC.
Step 1: Download, install and launch Video Repair software on your system. Click on 'Add Files' to add corrupted video files.
Step 2: Click on 'Repair' button to begin the repairing process. This start repairing your added video files one by one.
Step 3: You can click on 'Preview', in order to preview the repaired video file within the software and click on 'Save Repaired Files' button to save the repaired videos at desired location.
How to Repair DAT Video File Without Software?
Solution #1: Perform the SFC (System File Checker) scan
To repair corrupt DAT video file manually, you can perform a sfcscan on your computer. To do so, you have to follow the steps below:
- First, press Windows + R keys together to open Run dialog box.
- After this, you have to type cmd and hit Enter to begin the Windows command prompt.
- Next, make right-click on Command Prompt, then choose the Run as administrator.
- Under Command prompt window you need to type sfc/scannow and hit Enter.
- Now, you have to wait until the process is finish. It may take few minutes for the scan to be completed.
After finishing these steps, restart your system. Then, check if you or issue is fixed.
Solution #2: Performing the System Restore
This one is another way to deal with the DAT file corruptions and errors. So, by following the below instructions using system restore you can repair damaged .dat video file:
- First, login to the computer as an administrator.
- Next, click the Windows key and type the “system restore.”
- After this, hit the Enter to select the Create a restore point.
- Now, open the “System Protection” tab and click on the System Restore.
- Then, click on Next, and then choose restore point.
- At this step, confirm disks to restore and then click the Next.
- Lastly, confirm the restore point and then click on Finish. Restart your PC
Now, try to open your video again to make it run properly
What Causes DAT Files To Become Corrupted?
There are several reasons due to which your .dat videos get corrupted. Some of them are mentioned below:
- The header of the .dat file could have been corrupted or altered
- Transfer or copy process of the .dat video file was halted in between
- The DAT file has been attacked by the malware
- Video File corruption while conversion, editing or processing
- Any conflicts in the commands while playing the video
Apart from that, there could be other several reasons for a .dat video corruption or damage issue. But, you can easily solve this file corruption problem using .dat video file repair software that I already mentioned above.
How Do I Recover A .Dat Video File?
Well, you can recover your .dat video file using the best professional Video Recovery software. With the help of this, you can effortlessly restore deleted, corrupted, missing, formatted and inaccessible videos, photos, and audios from any digital devices.
To recover corrupted or deleted .dat video files , we recommend this tool:
This software will restore data from corrupted, formatted, encrypted storage media and works in all data loss situations. Now recover your lost and deleted data in 3 easy steps:
- Download this Media File Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media from which you want to restore the media files & click Scan.
- Preview the recoverable files, select the items you want to recover and click Recover to save the files at desired location.
This application uses its powerful scanning algorithm to locate and recover the files. It is safe, secure and easy to use. So, download, install and try the step by step guide of this recovery tool to retrieve lost .dat videos.
The FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
How Do You Open A DAT File?
To open the DAT files, in Windows you have to right-click the DAT file that you need to open. After this, click on “Open With” command. Under “Open With” window, simply select the text editor that you want to use. Then tap the “OK” button.
What Software Opens .Dat Files?
You should try opening your DAT video file in the general program such as VLC Media Player can open most video file extensions.
How Do I Convert A DAT File To JPEG?
Well, you can convert your DAT file to JPEG by following the below steps:
- Firstly, click the “Add Files” to select the DAT files.
- Next, select one or more DAT video files that you need to convert, then click on Open.
- Now, click on the combo-box of output format and then choose “to JPG (image sequence)”.
Can I Delete .Dat Files?
YES, DAT files can be deleted by trying the below-mentioned steps:
- First, right-click the “Start” button, then select the “Search.”
- Next, type the “.dat” into blank “file name” field. When you search, this will limit the results to any file with “.dat” in its name.
- Select the drive in which to search the .dat videos by using the “Look in” drop-down menu. Usually, if you’re using a PC that is not connected to any network drive, the most common place for the DAT files will be the local hard drives.
- After that, click the “Search” button. The number of files on the drive that you are searching, as well as the speed of your system, will affect the length of the search time.
- Click once on the “Type” header after the search has completed. This will sort the file types alphabetically and make it easier to find the DAT files.
- Choose the DAT file by clicking once on it, or select multiple DAT files by clicking once on each file while holding down the “Control” (Ctrl) Press the “Delete” (Del) key once to remove the selected files.
Are .Dat Files Dangerous?
YES, the .dat files are dangerous to the computer system and your privacy this is because .dat does not indicate that your system is virus-infected. It can be an essential system file or a file installed by harmless legitimate software and therefore may not pose any threat to your privacy and the system.
Time to Verdict
Here in this article, I tried my best to provide ample information about how to repair corrupt DAT video file. I Hope the above-mentioned solutions worked for you in fixing your .dat video files. But, if you want to repair DAT video file instantly then you can try the best .dat video file repair software to do so.
Apart from that, I have also mentioned the causes behind the .dat file corruption issue with the effective methods to resolve this problem.
Alex is an expert technical writer with 7+ years of experience. His in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. Alex has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.