Learn 4 Effective Solutions To Repair/Fix Micro SD Card Not Detected, Not Recognized, Not Reading or Not Showing Up Issue!
Summary: Got error message “Micro SD card is not detected” or “micro SD card is not recognized” in Windows computer, Android phones, digital camera or other digital devices? Well take breath and just relax! In this particular post I am sharing solutions that will help you to repair undetected or unrecognized MicroSD card and also recover data from it. Just read the post and follow the solutions one by one.
Tip: Before repairing the undetected/unrecognized microSD card it is suggested that you must first recover data from it. And one of the best ways to retrieve files from not detected or corrupted micro SD card is to use Photo recovery software.
With the help of Photo Recovery software, you can:
- Efficiently retrieve inaccessible digital media files such as photos, videos and audio files.
- Extract multimedia files from undetected, unrecognized, unreadable, not showing up micro SD card.
- Also recover media files from not detected, not reading, not recognized and not showing up hard drive, external hard drive, memory cards (SD/miniSD/MMC/TF/CF/xD), pen drive, USB drives, camera cards.
Free Download Micro SD Card Not Detected Data Recovery Tool
After doing some research I have found that many people in many forums and community websites are asking for the solution on how to fix/repair microSD card that is not detected, reading, recognized, showing up in Windows computer, Android mobile, digital camera/camcorder, 3DS and other digital devices.
Just check out the below real users examples facing similar kind of issue on different devices!
Examples: Micro SD Card Not Detected, Recognized or Not Showing up Issue On Different Devices
Example 1: Micro SD Card Is Not Detected By Computer
My micro SD card is not detected by computer
My micro SD card is not detected by computer when I connect through USB card reader. I am using this card for my mobile. When I put the micro SD card on my Nokia mobile, its not detecting. Please help me.
– Original Post From Forum – Ccm.net
Example 2: Micro SD Card Is Not Detected By Android Phone
Why isn’t the SD card in my Samsung Galaxy J5 not being recognized?
I”ve been using a SD card in my samsung galaxy J5 since i got it in january and its suddenly not appearing anywhere on the phone. i hadn’t removed it prior to it stopping working but since its stopped i have removed cleaned and restarted the phone – and its still not finding it!
– Original Post From Android Central Forums
Example 3: Micro SD Card Is Not Detected By Digital Camera
Camera stopped recognizing memory card
I have a Canon Powershot A720 which has been a terrific little camera. It recently stopped recognizing the memory card, though. I’ve tried 2 different memory cards and checked the batteries, but I haven’t been able to resolve it. It appears to work fine otherwise. Any suggestions?
– Original Post From CNET Forums
Are You Also Encountering Similar Micro SD Card Not Detected, Recognized, Reading or Not Showing Up Problems?
Micro SD card is used to store data and it is used different gadgets such as in Android smartphones, digital cameras or camcorders, 3DS, PCs and other digital devices.
But sometimes, due to several reasons the card stops being detected.
What makes micro SD cards to not detected/recognized?
Find the causes below!
Reasons That Can Make Micro SD Card Not Detected/Recognized
Sometimes your mobile devices or digital camera says no memory card is detected, even though the microSD card is inserted within it.
Micro SD card not recognized/detected or not showing up in My computer? Windows read micro SD card but not accessible or Windows cannot detect or recognize micro SD card under My Computer/This PC or Disk Management after connecting it to PC?
Well, do you know why micro SD card is not detected?
It could be due to:
- Card is corrupted. A microSD card can get corrupted if you use the same SD card in multiple devices, remove the card improperly, etc.
- Micro SD card got infected with virus or malware.
- Card contains lots of bad sectors in it.
Additional Reading: Learn To Fix “SDHC Card Not Recognized” Error
Symptoms of Undetected or Unrecognized Micro SD Card
Well, the symptoms of undetected or unrecognized micro SD card may vary. They are as follows:
- Card is showing up, but cannot open.
- Throwing error message “Please insert a disk into a removable disk’.
- Phone cannot read micro SD card or there is no valid media.
- Card cannot be used error in digital camera.
- SD card shows 0 bytes space issue.
- And so on…
In any of the above scenarios, how to fix unreadable Micro SD card and recover data from it becomes a big problem. Well, read on to find out the solutions.
Recover Data From Undetected or Unrecognized Micro SD Card
Even, if your micro SD card is not detected or recognized by computer, Android, digital camera or by its original device. You can still recover inaccessible digital media files from undetectable micro SD card by using Photo Recovery tool. It is designed to extract data such as photos, videos and audio files from the card.
The software can easily detect the card and perform deep scan to retrieve multimedia files from it, even if it is not detected by PC. The software is available for both Windows and Mac computer.
The software support all brands and types of memory cards such as SanDisk, Lexar, Transcend, Samsung, PNY, Kingston, Sony, Toshiba and more.
Note: You must not format your microSD card or add any new data on it. If files get overwritten then chances for recovering files will become less.
Below, follow the complete tutorial to recover files from not detected, recognized, reading or not showing up Micro SD card using photo recovery program.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- [Solved]: Can’t Format Micro SD Card on Android Phone/Windows PC
- Solved: SD Card is Damaged. Try Reformatting it.
- Complete Steps To Fix ‘USB Drive Detected But Not Accessible’ Issue
- Recover Photos/Videos from Overwritten Micro SD Card on Windows/Mac
Steps To Recover Data From Undetectable or Unrecognized Micro SD Card
Step 1 – Install "Photo Recovery" software and launch it on your computer. Click on "Recover Photo, Audio & Video" tab to recover photos, videos and audio files from any SD card, external USB drive or computer hard drive. Connect the media to your computer and then perform the process.
Step 2 – Select the drive from which you want to recover files. All the hard drive and external media will be shown in the list. Now select the desired drive to scan and then click on "Scan" button.
Step 3 – Once you click on "Scan" button the software will show that scanning is in progress. The software will search for all multimedia files from your selected drive or attached media.
Step 4 – After scanning, all the files that are found in the selected volume, hard disk or other storage media devices are listed. You can now select the files to preview them and then you can click on "Recover" button to finally save them on your computer.
Additional Reading: [Fixed]: Transcend USB Pen Drive Not Detected/Not Recognized
Repair Undetected, Unrecognized or Unreadable Micro SD Card
After you recover your important pictures, videos, movies, music and other multimedia files, you can then move ahead to fix micro SD card not detected, recognized, reading or not showing up issue.
Solution 1: Check Card Reader, USB Cable or Computer USB Port
Sometimes, your Micro SD card may not get detected if there is problem with card reader, USB cable or computer USB port that you are using to connect your card.
So, in this case you must first check that your card reader, USB cable or computer’s USB port are working properly. If not then replace the card reader, USB cable and then try to connect your card from all USB port of the computer. You can try to connect you card to another computer just for checking.
Solution 2: Repair Not Detected or Not Recognized Micro SD Card With CMD
There are people asking – How do I repair corrupted micro SD card that is not recognized by Windows PC?
Well, if this is the case with you, then you can repair corrupted micro SD card and get rid of the undetectable, unrecognized or unreadable micro SD card issue by running CMD command.
Here follow the steps:
- Insert not detected or not recognized micro SD card into card reader and connect it to Windows computer.
- On your PC, click START, type “CMD” in search bar and hit ENTER. A new command prompt window will get open.
- Now type the following command: “chkdsk /X /f H:” or “chkdsk H: /f” and hit ENTER. Here you need to replace H: with your micro SD card letter name.
After this windows will look for the corruption and if any corruption found then it will fix them. On successful completion of process, you can re-use your micro SD card without any issue or error.
Additional Reading: How To Fix And Recover Pictures That Won’t Load From SD Card
Solution 3: Update Driver To Fix Micro SD Card Not Detected In Windows 10/8/7
- Click START > go to All Program > Windows Update (For For Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista)
- Click START > go to Startbutton > All Programs > Windows Update (For Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista)
- Next, click on “Check For Updates”.
- And then click on “Install Updates”.
Note: Since Microsoft has stopped providing the updated for Window XP, hence you will not be able check for updates for Windows XP.
Alternatively, you can also open Device Manager to update driver for Micro SD by following the below steps:
- Click “START”, and then “right-click My Computer/This PC” and then click on “Manage”.
- Click on “Device Manager”.
- Now find the right disk drive and then right click on your Micro SD card and select “Update Driver” and thereafter simply follow the onscreen wizard to complete the update.
Once, completed successfully, you can go back to My Computer/This PC and you will see that your PC is able to detect your Micro SD card and you can access data stored within the memory card.
Additional Reading: How to Fix “Seagate External Hard Drive Not Recognized” Without Losing Data
Solution 4: Use Disk Management To Format Micro SD Card
Some people have also asked – How do I format damaged micro SD card that makes it unreadable or unrecognized on Windows PC, Android phone or digital camera?
Well, in that case, follow the below steps to format the damaged micro SD card:
- First connect your damaged Micro SD card to your Windows computer.
- On Your PC, click Start and then right click on “This PC/My Computer and then select “Manage”.
- On the left side, click on “Disk Management”.
- Now right click on the Micro SD card and click on “Format” option.
- Perform a quick format.
Wait for the format process to get complete.
Note: You may get the following errors:
In that case, you have to first to fix those issues before formatting.
Once the process gets complete you will now be able to access your Micro SD card without any issue.
Though there could be several causes and unexpected happenings that can make your MicroSD card undetectable, unrecognized, unreadable or not showing up in Windows computer, mobile phones, digital camera/camcorder, etc and therefore you must always be ready to deal with such situations.
And after going through this post, I hope you have got various effective solutions to repair Micro SD card not detected error. But as mentioned in the post that you must first use Photo Recovery tool to recover important photos, videos and audio files from the card and then move ahead to fix/repair the undetectable Micros SD card.