Lost your photos from SDHC card? Worried about how to retrieve deleted photos from SDHC card?
Now you don’t have to think much and even I would suggest you to put all your worries to an end. Because in this blog, you will read about how to recover deleted photos from SDHC card with ease.
But before going to any solutions, I would suggest you to know something about SDHC card following with the solution to get back deleted images from SDHC card.
Easy Steps To Restore Deleted Photos From SDHC Card
About SDHC Cards
Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) cards are flash memory cards having minimum capacity of 4GB. This card has similar form factor and physical shape as that of SD card. It is SD standard extension that has storage capacity of up to 32GB.
It is defined for the devices that are compatible with secure digital high capacity 2.00 specifications. The higher the capacity, the more videos these cards can store. These card demands increases because it is affordable and has advanced high-resolution point and shoot digital cameras.
Apart from high-resolution capacity storage, it also has better data transfer speed. Secure Digital High Capacity cards are reliable and have safe storage media for photos. SDHC memory cards are great in order to store and capture the pictures and videos, which you want on, shoot cameras and standard point.
These memory cards are shockproof, waterproof and X-ray proof.
But, sometimes your photos may get lost due to several reasons from your SDHC Card. At that moment, you cannot even imagine that this can happen and also you cannot think what to do and what not.
To solve your problem and to get out of the situation, you have to completely read this blog and know the best way to restore lost images from SDHC card.
I have a SDHC card on my Sony camera and it has been used for a long time. I have many important pictures on it. Yesterday, when connected it to my computer, my computer powered off. When I restart the computer, all photos on my SDHC card were gone. I have tried everything to get them back. Nothing has been useful as of yet. Can anybody give me some suggestions? Best regards.
How To Get Back Lost Photos From SDHC Card?
To recover inaccessible SDHC card or to restore lost images from SDHC card, you can use third party SDHC Card Photo recovery, this tool is free to use.
It is the professional tool and can able to recover all types of data along with images from SDHC memory card. This tool is also very easy to operate because it is full with graphical instruction so don’t worry if you don’t have any technical knowledge.
Simply download, install and run this tool to recover inaccessible SDHC card.
What To Do Before You Start
Before you go for any recovery process, you should remember few things:
- Never format your SDHC card after you lose your photos.
- Now try and find out a different card reader. If the SD card is inserted on laptop or PC and nothing happens then you should try different computer or USB card reader.
If this happens then you can also search for backup of the photos if you have ever saved in somewhere. If not then you have to use any powerful recovery software.
Steps To Recover Deleted Photos From SDHC Card
Step 1 – Install "Photo Recovery" software and launch it on your computer. Click on "Recover Photo, Audio & Video" tab to recover photos, videos and audio files from any SD card, external USB drive or computer hard drive. Connect the media to your computer and then perform the process.
Step 2 – Select the drive from which you want to recover files. All the hard drive and external media will be shown in the list. Now select the desired drive to scan and then click on "Scan" button.
Step 3 – Once you click on "Scan" button the software will show that scanning is in progress. The software will search for all multimedia files from your selected drive or attached media.
Step 4 – After scanning, all the files that are found in the selected volume, hard disk or other storage media devices are listed. You can now select the files to preview them and then you can click on "Recover" button to finally save them on your computer.
Alternate Methods To Recover Deleted Photos From SDHC Card
Method #1: Recover Deleted Files Using Command Prompt
Well, if you have lost your data such as photos, audios or videos from SDHC card then do not worry because you can now easily recover media files using command prompt. This is the best way to restore lost images from SDHC card.
You might be thinking why there is a need to recover deleted photos from SDHC card using command prompt. Just think once what can be done after you empty the recycle bin, you can then see that there is nothing that can be restored. Here, the command prompt plays an important role for SDHC card photo recovery from recycle bin or the system. So, follow the below steps to get back lost photos from SDHC card using command prompt:
Step 1: First of all, you need to press Windows key and then R simultaneously to open the dialogue window.
Step 2: Now you have to type in cmd and the press Enter key
Step 3: Now you have to type cd/ at the prompt and then press Enter key
Step 4: After this, you have to type in cd Recycled and then press Enter key.
Step 5: Now type in dir and then press Enter key.
After performing these steps, you will see that there is a list of items like Dc21.url, Dc22. Ink, etc. Here, the number of items represents the total number of deleted files. D means the drive where the Windows OS is installed.
A hidden folder is created on each volume that has the recycle bin enabled named Recycled. When any file is deleted, it is moved to this folder and renamed to C<original drive letter> < number file deleted> <original extension> and the original full name stored in a mapping file info. Here, you can use the COPY command to get back lost photos from SDHC card you need.
Method #2: Recover Deleted Photos From SDHC Card Using Attrib Command
As it is very clear tom all of us that while connected an external device such as SD card, SDHC card, flash drive or USB drive with a computer, when you delete a file from the device, the files are not saved into recycle bin. For that case, attrib command can be used. This command can be used to recover any kind of file from USD drive, SD card, SHC card, flash drive, etc. So, follow the steps below to perform the recovery process:
Step 1: First of all, you need to click the Start button on your system at the bottom left corner and then type cmd in the dialogue box. Now end it by pressing Enter key.
Step 2: Now you need to type in chkdsk F:/f and then press Enter key.
Step 3: After this, type in Y and then press Enter key to continue.
Step 4: After this, type in F and hit Enter key again.
Step 5: At last, you have to type in F:\>attrib –h –s/s/d *.* and then press Enter key.
Reasons For Photo Loss From SDHC Card:
- Formatting: When you insert SDHC card to your computer then sometimes they asks you to format. At that time, you don’t have any other option than formatting as a result you loses all your photos.
- Virus Attack: Viruses are the major threats that results in large data loss. These viruses attack leads to the corruption of your SDHC memory card making your card to be inaccessible.
- Human errors: When you are deleting some unwanted or junk pictures from your memory card then at that you may accidentally delete the important picture. You may also delete all photos from the memory card while browsing through options by just pressing format option.
- Power Failure: Power failure is the major factor of deleting photos while transferring your photos from the SDHC card to your system due to which your system shut down abruptly. When it is clicked in low battery condition and not saved properly then also there is a chance to lose your required important photo.
Precautions to Avoid SDHC Photo Corruption:
There are many precautions that are available through which you can easily protect your SDHC card from corruption. Some of them are given bellow:
- Always use safely removal process– Avoid improper removal process of memory card because improper removal a memory card can gets corrupt. Always use the safely removal process to remove memory card from computer.
- Use power backup– To avoid unexpected system shutdown use a power backup option or UPS, this will protect your computer from unexpected shutdown due to power failure or any other reason.
- Use an updated antivirus program– Install an updated antivirus program in your computer to protect your SDHC card from virus and other computer malware. Also avoid connecting memory card to any virus infected or malicious computer system.
- Avoid capture image in low battery– If your digital camera display low battery option then avoid clicking images because due to this memory card gets corrupt or inaccessible.
- Don’t full the memory of SDHC card– Always keep some space free in the memory card to avoid corruption, memory card need some free space to operate efficiently and without any trouble. So if your memory card display memory full message then immediately free some space to avoid any damaging.
Photos are important for everyone and when they are lost from any storage media, then leads people to panic a lot. However, to retrieve deleted photos from SDHC card, users try out several ways but are generally failed. When photos are lost from SDHC card, then also there are some possibilities to get back lost data with ease.
So, to overcome such issue I tried my best here to provide you the best solutions you can try to recover deleted photos from SDHC card. I hope you will not get disappointment after trying the above solutions mentioned in this blog.