In order to retrieve lost photos and videos from SDHC cards, you can try some proven solutions mentioned in this blog. Though, if you have created a backup of your SDHC card files then you can restore them from there. But, in the absence of backup, you can try the best & advanced SDHC card recovery software and bring the deleted stuff back easily.
Continue reading this article and know how to do SDHC card data recovery in detail…
To recover data from a SDHC memory card, we recommend this tool:
This software will restore data from corrupted, formatted, encrypted storage media and works in all data loss situations. Now recover your lost and deleted data in 3 easy steps:
- Download this Data Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media from which you want to restore the media files & click Scan.
- Preview the recoverable files, select the items you want to recover and click Recover to save the files at desired location.
How Do I Recover Files From A SDHC Card?
If you’ve lost your important pictures and videos from SDHC card due to any unexpected reason, then you must be looking for SDHC recovery solutions, right?
Need not worry, here you will learn how to recover deleted data from SDHC cards with the best automatic and alternative solution.
Let’s come to the point…You can easily get back lost SDHC files by using SDHC card recovery software in the absence of backup.
But do remember one thing that once stuff gets deleted from the SDHC card then immediately stop using it. If you still use it then new data will overwrite the existing data. Hence you will lose the chance to perform SDHC data recovery.
Perform SDHC Data Recovery Without Any Software
Backing up media files is an easy process that can help you to prevent your crucial data from a deletion in the near future.
It involves making a copy of your significant audio, video, and image files and storing them in a safe place, which can be accessed when the original data get lost.
So, if you have kept a backup of your SDHC files in another storage drive or PC, follow the below steps:
- At first, you need to find & then open a backup folder from a computer that contains your lost SDHC card data.
- In the second step, just locate the pictures and videos that you need to bring back.
- After this, copy & then store the files back to the SDHC card.
Note: Keep a backup of your important files in 2-3 different places so that when your data gets erased, you can restore them from there with ease.
How To Recover Deleted Data From SDHC Card With Software?
You can try the powerful SDHC Card Recovery Tool to recover SDHC card data. It is very easy to operate and you don’t even require to have any technical knowledge.
This excellent SDHC recovery software has the ability to recover all sorts of data such as pictures, videos, and audio files from different storage and digital devices.
Let’s below find out its more ingenious features:
- Recover lost, deleted, erased, missing, disappeared, formatted data from SDHC card.
- Retrieve media files such as photos, videos & audio files from USB drive, SD card, external hard drive, digital camera, and other storage devices.
- Preview recoverable files of the SDHC card within the preview screen of the software before final recovery.
- 100% read-only. Safe, secure, and easy to use.
Apart from that, you can perform SDHC card photo recovery on Mac & Windows OS as well.
All you need to do is to just download, install and run the SDHC Card Recovery tool to recover files from a SDHC card.
Supported Memory Card Brands & File Formats
Supported Memory Card Brands:
|SanDisk, Samsung, Toshiba, Transcend, HP, Apacer, DDR, SDHC, PS2, PNY Flashcard, Verbatim, Strontium, Sony XQD, CF card, etc.|
Support File Formats:
|Photo Formats: JPG, JPEG, NEF, CR2, TIFF, GIF, PNG, ARW, SR2, TIFF, BMP, PSD, ORF, PEF, etc.|
Retrieve Lost Photos And Videos From SDHC Card With Attrib Command
There could be a number of reasons due to which your SDHC card data might get hidden. In such a situation, you can try the attrib command to unhide all the hidden files from the memory card.
Here are the simple steps, by following which you can see your hidden files:
- Press the Windows + X keys at the same time >> select the Command Prompt >> run as an Administrator.
- Then, determine an SDHC drive letter where all your files are present or we can say that hidden.
- Now, type the attrib -h -r -s /s /d G:\*.* >> hit Enter key. (If it is drive D, you can replace G: with a drive letter for a storage device).
What Causes The Photo & Video Loss From SDHC Card?
Below I have shortlisted the major factors that can lead to the SDHC data deletion:
- Sometimes while deleting unwanted files, you mistakenly selected the “Delete All” option.
- Accidentally formatting SDHC card on your system or on any other device.
- If you eject the SDHC card while capturing photos or recording video, then there are chances that videos may get missing.
- Intentionally formatting SDHC cards to get rid of memory card errors will delete entire videos saved on it.
- When you make use of any unsafe applications on your digital media devices in which SDHC is being used. Then there is a possibility that files present on the card may get erased.
- If your card gets infected by viruses then it will corrupt your card and that may lead to automatic deletion of files.
How To Prevent Data Loss From SDHC Card?
After losing important data from a storage device, then people get aware to take steps in order to prevent further data loss.
Below are some of the preventive measures given that will help you from data loss. Go through them carefully.
- Always backup of your important files or folders so that it can help you in the future when any data loss situation happens.
- Use some trustworthy power sources that will help your system from a sudden power cut.
- Before formatting, check your storage device at least two to three times.
- Never use any digital device when its battery is low.
- Don’t remove the files when transferring process is going on.
- Avoid using the same device when it is already used and is full. Otherwise, the previous data will be overwritten.
- Before deleting any files, just be sure of what you are selecting and what you are deleting.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Can I Recover Files From A SDHC Card?
Yes, you can recover files including photos and videos from a SDHC card by using the recommended SDHC card recovery software mentioned above in this post.
How Do I Connect My SDHC Card To My Computer?
You can connect your SDHC card to PC by using the card reader.
Can We Use SDHC Card In Mobile?
No, we can’t use the SDHC memory card in mobile. Though, Android devices are only supporting the SD or MicroSD cards.
How Do You Format An SDHC Card?
To format an SDHC card follow the below steps: 1. Firstly, insert your SDHC card into your system with card reader 2. Click the Start button and select Computer. 3. After that, find the SDHC card under the Devices with Removable Storage section 4. Right-click the card and select the Format option.
Time To Verdict
Photos, videos, and music files are important for everyone and when they are lost from any storage media, then it leads people to panic a lot.
Try the above-given methods one by one to overcome your problem. Or if you fail to recover videos from SDHC card with the manual ways then you can also go ahead with the SDHC Card Recovery tool. As I have already mentioned that this tool is free and very safe to use so you don’t have to worry at all.
Apart from this, it’s always suggested that you should keep a backup of your data so that you can easily perform external storage data recovery.
I hope you will not get disappointed after trying the above solutions mentioned in this blog.
Alex is an expert technical writer with 7+ years of experience. His in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. Alex has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.